Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I Am a Blogger



Some say that I am a writer. No. I am a blogger. A writer is an artist with words. Me? I'm just an old hack with a laptop and a sense of humor.

I like blogging. There are no editors to say what does or does not fit. I can write what I want, how I want, when I want. No deadlines (even though I do feel pressure for something new from some of my more devoted readers, at times). I can entertain, enlighten or enrage the reader. The realm of topics: infinite.

I can take on the powers that be or poke fun at my own life and you read. I get drunk and ramble; still you read. I inflate my own ego and self-worth and there you are, reading again.

I've been called many things by fans and haters, alike. One of my favorite comments, ever (and I've been blogging for more than three years), came from Gayle:
"
I have to admit that you're the strangest person I've met on Yuwie - flippant, sarcastic, narcissistic, enigmatic, etc. I love that in a person so naturally I love you."
She is a very busy lady who devotes her life to helping those that cannot speak for themselves: animals. As busy as she is with her causes; she takes time out of her day to read my words. Thanks, Gayle.

Me? I'm just happy to write about life on my own terms. I won't be bothered with editors, deadlines and censorship. You'll probably never read an autobiography of me, because I am not a writer.

I AM A BLOGGER!

Comments? Opinions? Leave them below.


0 comments:

Post a Comment