Saturday, August 7, 2010

Crazy Sh... Uh... Stuff

I have been known to post some wild things on this site and others... Mainly about my life. The past few days have been a bit on the crazy side here. First off, I guess I should say that this is birthday week for me which usually means a week filled booze and debauchery... But not this year. See what I mean? It's all screwed up!

The city of Henryetta, OK has been doing some major reconstruction of the waste water mains throughout the town since early in the Spring. Besides having blocked roads, followed by torn up roads; they have been creating havoc in other ways.

The past week they have been working in the alley that runs beside my house. All other utility lines... phone, gas, cable, water, etc have been marked so as to keep the sewer line workers from damaging them. So what should happen when they reach the point where my phone line crosses the alley? Of course... They cut it and knocked out my phone and DSL service.

If this was not bad enough, the wait time for a repair man from AT&T to get my service restored was four days. It was originally intended to be six, but luckily I know one of the guys that works there and even with that inside pull, it took them four days to get it fixed.

So the repairman shows up at my house this afternoon and in the course of our conversation about my problem, I discover why it is taking so long to get anything fixed here. It seems that these sewer line construction guys are tearing up lines all over town and keeping the repairmen jumping just to try and get things repaired in their wake.

I should go on to say that the construction crew members are not employees of the city of Henryetta. The city, even though it has a sewage department and street crews who could have done the work, chose to contract the project to an out of state firm instead of hiring a few extra locals for the six plus month project. Nothing like shipping my tax dollars somewhere else!


OK... Back to the story.

My DSL is out and as most of my readers know, I own and operate numerous websites, so this kind of puts a damper on my online business. I spend between 8 and 20 hours every day online posting content, creating products, interacting with readers and dealing with support issues. I did manage to get my laptop down to the public library and use their internet connection to check some email and approve comments on some of my other sites, but needless to say... I am way behind.

So, why am I here posting on this blog that I rarely write on? Who knows... Just mark it down as more crazy sh... uh... stuff.

P.S. I also posted a bit about this on one of my other blogs from the library yesterday. Click here to read that version of things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment